Sunday, January 13, 2019

Pats vs. Chargers

Here's my take on today's game: even the local "Homers" on Talk Radio are giving it to the Chargers. Even though the Pats are "favored," everyone seems to be betting on the Chargers. They are a very good team and I thought for a few days they would win, I also think the Pats like being underdogs.

Everyone also thinks Gronk will be a blocker today and the Pats will run the ball a lot. What a setup! I think they should come out throwing and that Gronk can have a great day. Also, do not count out James White.

I also have a reason they will win that has to do with playing at home, which I will share with you inn another post.

I will say 31-21 Pats, but that is just a guess.

Another topic of conversation in New England is whether this is the "End of the Brady-Belichick Era."

I think we are close to it, regardless of today's game. I still think Bill has lost the team, even though they recently won two easy games. All empires must fall, as Larry Lucchino famously said, and this one is no exception. Actually, why don't we look forward to it, just a little? As enjoyable as the winning has been, wouldn't a changing of the guard be interesting?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fateful Decisions

In football, as in war, it is sometimes one decision, by one person, that determines the outcome of a crucial battle. That was certainly the...